Do you have an old website which does not work like the newer, more advanced ones? Are you planning to take it down entirely and replace it with a newer website which follows the new design rules, is much more powerful, and collects profit like all other websites out there? Or maybe your current website is not mobile friendly and you would like a more responsive web design? If yes, then you probably do not need to take this extreme step and simply renovate your existing website. It is much more cost effective to make changes to an existing site rather than creating an entirely new one.
Website renovation may seem like a daunting and time consuming task to some of you who would consider it much more painful and costlier than actually implementing an entirely new website. On the contrary, remodelling an existing website can be much simpler and more inexpensive if you are aware of how things should be done. Here is how you can save money by going for website renovation rather than asking your designer to build a new website from scratch.
Decide if you are happy with the current foundation and layout
- If you are pretty much satisfied with the current foundation and layout and will more than surely be implementing the same design in the new website, you can definitely save bucks by simply remodelling your website.
- Show the current layout to your website designer so he or she can point out the mistakes in it. Your designer will not charge you for this unless you have to redesign the foundation completely. If a few minor tweaks are enough to fix the current foundation then you know you have saved a lot of money.
Set a budget
- Always keep your budget set and clear with your designer. You do not want any type of confusion from disrupting the process.
- If you were ready for getting a new website entirely, website renovation should seem like a much cheaper and inexpensive deal.
- Also, don’t pay your designer before all the changes are made but look for someone who is ready to work on smaller parts one by one.
Make a list of the aspects of your website that do not work
- What are the changes that are mandatory for the website? What features do not work as they should?
- Make a list of these very features and show them to your designer so he or she has a definite list of what to work with. This will make the tasks much easier for them to handle and for you as well, in terms of budget and payment.
Make a list of what you want your website to do
- Make a list of what you want your website to primarily do.
- For example, if you want the visitor to buy certain items after visiting your website, make it clear to your designer that it is the result you want the website to produce.